Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Tax Clearance

Of all my working experience and resigning, this is the first time that i have to do tax clearance before they can release my final salary.

I don't know if this is a new rule or not, but this is so troublesome. But I did call the LHDN line to ask for further clarification (since my HR is so not helpful) and yes they confirmed it.

By right this should be done at least 1 month before I tender, But Im leaving in early October and I really have no idea whether I can make it or not. Nevertheless, I still have to do it anyway.

The biggest mistake I made is to tender my resignation less than what is required in my contract which is 2 months. I took too much time to think about whether to resign or stay that only left me 1 month notice. And now I have to pay back my company even though I'm in need of money now! Sigh.

But the funny things is when I called LHDN, they noticed that I have not declared or filing my tax until 2014. So from 2009 until 2013, I did not do any tax filing. Seriously I dont remember. She said it is advisable that i go to my tax branch (for me my branch is in Cheras) and do the tax filing bringing either one of these 3 documents:

1) My payslip for all those years that i have not filed my tax
 OR

2) At least 1 month payslip for each of the year that i have not filed my tax
OR

3) Go to KWSP and print the statement for the years that I have not file my tax

Since I dont have anymore Annual Leave left, have to think of a way....



No comments:

Post a Comment