Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Of Quitting

I finally have the guts to submit my resignation letter to my "dear" boss last week. It was a very difficult decision but it has to be made. My current job is my 9th or 10th job now so I think you must have pretty much idea about how resigning is not unfamiliar to me.

But this time, it was hard. I prayed my Istikharah almost every night just to get a direction from God but I still felt blur. But the fact that i still send my letter indicates that I have found the answer that Im looking for.

The issue is, I dont know how long will i be gone. Im not sure about how im gonna survive there. Yes I have my SIL with me and I can see I will be depending on her for almost everything.

And another big issue is, my commitment here. In other word, my debts. I need to find job as soon as i arrive or i will be penniless and got no other source to pay my commitment. Fuhhh thats the tough one.

Err.. i hope you guys understand my story. Basically I left everything i have here in Malaysia to chase one of my wildest dream which is to live in another country. This idea came up by my husband when her sister has the opportunity to further her master in London. She will be alone so my MIL is not very keen on that so when me and my husband said that I can go and stay with her, she was pretty relieved.

I know this kind of decision is very common amongst the westerners. But Im not the westerners. I am a Malay. Grew up in a family where we dont like risk. We hate uncertainty. So for me to do this and risk everything, my fixed income "stable" job, my family, my life here. my comfort zone, is so out of my reasonable mind!

But if you dont take the risk, u will never know. There are thousands of possibilities out there. So I decided to take the chance and go spread my wings. It might turn ugly, it might be a disaster but Im willing to pay that price for I know there will also be other beautiful things to look out for.

But theres another story about my resignation. Ahh later lah.




No comments:

Post a Comment